lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] netconn/socket: converting len argument to size_t
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:48:23 +0100

> You have my vote.
>
> One of my first mistakes in working with lwIP was calling tcp_write()
> with a size_t length. This meant that objects over 64K would get
> silently truncated. I would have preferred ERR_MEM.

That is a different issue: you should have turned on the correct warnings when
compiling and the compiler would have warned you there.

I'm not planning to convert the raw API right now: neither the send window nor
the pbuf length can hold more than 64K, so it is not strictly necessary to
convert the raw API functions. However, if you have a sndbuf > 64K, it might be
desirable to do so...

Anyway, that's a different issue from sockets/netconn, so I'm not doing this
now.

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01