lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6760] Ping calculates incorrect checksum

From: Robert Sprowson
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6760] Ping calculates incorrect checksum
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 07:55:18 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #6760 (project lwip):

Or perhaps a slight shuffle so the len parameter becomes the length of the
data to append:

 for (0 to len)
 {
 }
 checksum(sizeof(icmp) + len)

so that callers don't need to know how big an ICMP header is, which did
strike me on first reading as a bit clumsy.

There's still an extra run time calculation, but I can't see a way to skip
that and still have cleaner code.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6760>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/