lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] generate a broadcast answer...

From: Piero 74
Subject: [lwip-devel] generate a broadcast answer...
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:28:09 +0100

Hi all.

For security reasons, i have to be sure that no trouble is present in ethernet HW in my board.
In my driver (loop in ethernetif.c), if i don't receive packets for 30 seconds i will reset the lowlevel driver.
Normally, if the board is connected to a switch, always there are broadcast packets from other devices on LAN, so reset doesn't occur.
But if i have a board connected directly to a pc (for example a laptop), there is no traffic.

I want to force a packet answer from a pc...
How i can send a packet which force pc stack to send back a broadcast packet (arp for example)?
Any idea?

Thanks
Piero