lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #25821] lwip_recvfrom failed to reset sock->rcvevent,

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #25821] lwip_recvfrom failed to reset sock->rcvevent, communication lost sync totally
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:23:55 +0000

This is very strange behaviour.  From looking at the code the only way I can
see this happening is if (1) there is a bug in sys_arch_mbox_fetch() that is
merging the received buffers together; or (2) the netconn->callback field gets
cleared half-way through the connection.  I can't see how (2) would happen, so
that leaves us with (1) as the most likely.

There is another bug active in this area, and it could have the symptom you
describe where rcvevent ends up non-zero when there is no data available:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?23240

The way to check if this is the same problem is to see if the
sys_mbox_trypost() call in recv_tcp() fails before you see the rcvevent count
go wrong.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?25821>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/