lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Regarding the Fragmentaion issue in the ICMP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Regarding the Fragmentaion issue in the ICMP
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:18:57 +0100

> > I get responses (also with 2k of data), and I see fragmentation with the
> > same ping command aimed at a machine running WireShark,
>
> OK, that's good.  I'd still like to get the assert fixed though - an
> assert as a result of receiving a packet is obviously a problem.

I'm not sure the assert are wrong. When I last worked with that code, the
assert should make sure there is nothing wrong with the pbufs. For example
using the wrong pbuf types when passing in packets. ICMP is somewhat special
here as we send out the same pbuf we received, simply adjusting the headers.
Maybe we should do a copy here to prevent those errors.

Anyway, a bug-tracker entry together with the lwipopts.h used when getting the
error is never a bad thing.

Simon
--
Aufgepasst: Sind Ihre Daten beim Online-Banking auch optimal geschützt?
Jetzt absichern: https://homebanking.gmx.net/address@hidden