lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] Re: [bug #25940] Regarding the Fragmen

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [lwip-users] Re: [bug #25940] Regarding the Fragmentation issue in the ICMP packet.
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:50:45 +0000

On Sun, 2009-03-22 at 19:48 +0530, arun kumar wrote:
> Hi Actually i have observed the following thing when the ICMP pakcet
> arrives.
>
> I am sending the 1473 packet size and this will be splitted and sent
> to my target. The first packet is recieved by the LWIP stack and adds
> to the  "reassdatagrams" and goes out fine.
> Next comes the another packet, here also it checks whether the packet
> is end of the fragmented message and it finds it is end of fragmented
> messsage and trying to reassemble both of the packets. During the
> process of refragmentation it is going to Assert stattement. I have
> attached the picture please verify this .

As you seem to have this caught in a debugger, you should be able to
find out a lot more about the failure.  What arguments was pbuf_header()
called with?  What are the contents of the struct pbuf *p when this
failure happens?  There is only one call to pbuf_header() from ip_reass
() and so we can assume it is that one, but that doesn't help us work
out why it's going wrong.

Thanks

Kieran