lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #26069] Connect to a remote IP address which is no

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #26069] Connect to a remote IP address which is not present makes the APP hang
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 23:10:58 +0200

kieran...

i used lwip_connect in my app to an host which can be present or not
(in my case the host is domain on web, and my lwip board could be
connected to switch which routes outside or not... i have to check
this situation)

so, after few seconds, and some SYN packets sent, the lwip_connect
return, and pcb should became avalaible again. ... so, it works IMO!

but proposed patch with timeout could be useful, but timeout should be
tunable with define, or better, with socket option!

bye
Piero