lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26069] Connect to a remote IP address which is not pr

From: Rikke Ottesen
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26069] Connect to a remote IP address which is not present makes the APP hang
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 08:13:32 +0000

Im not that into the pcb->nrtx part, but one thing I do no is that the
TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED() function is never called.
I have looked through all the code and the TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED() is ONLY
called when the connection is a success.
It is called in:

 static err_t tcp_process(struct tcp_pcb *pcb);

So even though I wait a long time I never get a failure reply to the App.

I expect as the documentation says, that a failure should be retrieved when
the connection cannot be established.

The point is that the TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED() should be called somewhere if the
connection is never established, the question is where it should be called.
I have looked on the site
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tcp_state_diagram_fixed.svg as I see it the
pcb should be closed/freed if the connection is not established, and the
TCP_EVENT_CONNECTED() should be called with a failure.

Does this make sense? :)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26069>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/