lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26134] Insert a dummy u16_t field to prevent alignmen

From: Srinivas Gollakota
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26134] Insert a dummy u16_t field to prevent alignment exceptions
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:00:42 +0000

Yes. ETH_PAD_SIZE is much flexible.It just got overlooked in the migration.
It's good enough for eth_hdr.

With etharp_hdr there will be an issue for us. The crux of the issue is
certain architectures word accesses has to be aligned to 4 byte boundary. In
the arp header source ip address will be starting at non-aligned (4byte)
location.

Are there any other ports that has similar changes with regards to alignment?
Neverthless if no one has similar requirements please close this out. we will
work out a way with a seperate copy or use byte accesses instead of word
accesses.

By the way is there any reason for ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN macro configurable? I'm
curious as this may be already used for extra padding.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26134>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/