lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26273] etharp.c : fix alignment issue in etharp_raw

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26273] etharp.c : fix alignment issue in etharp_raw
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:55:41 +0000

Update of bug #26273 (project lwip):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I guess you have copied those lines from autoip.c:419 or etharp.c:667 ? In
these places, it is understandable to use memcpy, since we copy from a
2-byte-aligned struct to a 4-byte-aligned.

However, in your patch it is the other way round: a 4-byte-aligned struct is
casted to a 2-byte-aligned (which is in turn copied). How could that fail?

I don't have that strong an opinion against your patch, (since we already do
it that way in other places), only, I would like to understand why it fails
before changing it.

Someone know the answer?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26273>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah