lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6786] task #7507: Hook to support static hosts file

From: Robert Sprowson
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6786] task #7507: Hook to support static hosts file in DNS lookup
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:35:34 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #6786 (project lwip):

You've lost me, how would I point the list at my EEPROM? It's a 6 pin serial
device that I have to clock commands to to get bytes back.

I see from the diffs that it is possible to find out how many entries were
removed, but the asymmetry still seems odd since the entries aren't stored in
the list in groups. Maybe a single function that allows a NULL string or
wildcard address, viz

 err_t dns_local_addhost(const char *hostname, const struct ip_addr *addr)
 int dns_local_removehostaddr(const struct ip_addr *addr)
 int dns_local_removehostname(const char *hostname)

becomes
 err_t dns_local_addhost(const char *hostname, const struct ip_addr *addr)
 int dns_local_removehost(const char *hostname, const struct ip_addr *addr)

and called like
 dns_local_removehost(NULL, 127.0.0.1)
or
 dns_local_removehost("localhost", 255.255.255.255)
or both parameters for a single unique entry?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6786>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/