lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] %#p in some traces

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] %#p in some traces
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 18:04:18 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
I see Kieran's reply too - these #'s caused compiler errors or warnings?

It was probably a warning, but as I was compiling with -pedantic it got
turned into an error.  I'm happy to make code more portable where there
is no down side, and that's how I see this case.  It's only where to
work around a compiler bug would disadvantage other compilers through
less efficient code for example that I'd prefer to see the compiler
fixed.

After all, this was a silly bug introduced by me not reading the printf manpages thoroughly. I thought # worked with %p, but that must have been on my platform only. I guess all the #'s in the %p's can be removed ;-)

Simon