lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26349] Nagle algorithm doesn't send although segment

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26349] Nagle algorithm doesn't send although segment is full
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 06:05:12 +0000

Well, at least that's something to start with (although I'd really like to
know where Comer got that from).

> .. but do not send additional segments until there is sufficient
> data to fill a maximum-sized segment.

That's the point where we are currently doing wrong.

> If still waiting to send when an acknowledgement arrives, send
> all data that has accumulated in the buffer.

Obviously, he can't mean 'send more than the tx window'. But we have a
problem with lwIP here in that we can't split already enqueued data to send
less than MSS (if that much data is enqueued).

This is a generic limitation but has not yet been seen as serious: we just
wait until the window opens a bit more.

BTW: this suggests lwIP does not work well with window sizes < 2*MSS (or even
4*MSS).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26349>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/