lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26649] TCP fails when TCP_MSS > TCP_SND_BUF

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26649] TCP fails when TCP_MSS > TCP_SND_BUF
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 11:02:18 +0000

There should really be no relation between TCP_SND_QUEUELEN and TCP_MSS, but
they are defined to have that dependency because (i) we assumed that TCP_MSS <
TCP_SND_BUF and (ii) it makes sure that the send queue is big enough to get
some performance out of the stack.

I'm happy to see these changes - they shouldn't affect the normal case where
TCP_MSS is much less TCP_SND_BUF.  It might be nice to warn people running
with the the small SND_BUF that they're likely to see poor performance though.
 Without thinking in much detail I'm guessing it wouldn't work very well with
the nagle algorithm for example.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26649>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/