lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27034] Invalid ASSERT in pbuf_alloc()

From: Iordan Neshev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27034] Invalid ASSERT in pbuf_alloc()
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:57:46 +0000

>Just to ensure I understand this properly: the assertion
>incorrectly fires when you try to allocate a pbuf
>with zero length?

Yes,that's right.

> Is there any other requirement to trigger the incorrect
> assertion?

No. (In fact only when type == PBUF_POOL, but this is obvious)

For me it happens from the PPP code, for example in ppp.c:
#if PPPOS_SUPPORT
  headMB = pbuf_alloc(PBUF_RAW, 0, PBUF_POOL);

but I see several other places where pbuf_alloc() is called with len=0, for
ex. ip_fraq.c, raw.c...

Last time I updated lwip in my project was 2 months
ago. Now I update again before the next release and I see this ASSERT added.

I tested it with the proposed change and it's OK.
The device works as expected, nothing bad happens till now.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27034>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/