lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27049] DHCP IP address assignment with multiple lwIP

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27049] DHCP IP address assignment with multiple lwIP devices fails
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:04:54 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: CVS Head

Details:

Powering up multiple (3+) lwIP-based devices at the same time appears more
often than not to confuse DHCP on all of the devices.  When this occurs, none
of the devices complete DHCP and none receive an IP address.  By using
WireShark, I can see the devices come up about 10mS to 15mS apart.  The DHCP
exchanges are all present and appear OK, but they are intermingled which is
why I suspect they are confusing each other.

If I power up each device manually seconds apart they all come up fine.

[We need a category for DHCP :-) ]

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27049>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/