lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27049] DHCP IP address assignment with multiple lwIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27049] DHCP IP address assignment with multiple lwIP devices fails
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:55:45 +0000

The question is whether the server *must* start over (according to the RFC)
or if it is allowed to process every packet as it comes in. If it starts over,
reusing XIDs won't change anything. However, if it doesn't (e.g. embedded
device that takes some time for answering), things get easier when reusing
XIDs.

The point is I don't have a clue why cisco routers take so long to answer: I
cannot imagine them being poorly programmed, so it must be some kind of load
balancing.

To summarize, we should both increase the timeouts and think about reusing
XIDs, but as the RFCs don't seem too chatty about this, I think it would be a
good solution to look at other OSes/stacks and see what they do (since most
routers/DHCP servers will be compatible to windows or linux).

Anyway, is this planned for 1.3.1 or later?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27049>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/