lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.3.1-RC2? STABLE?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.3.1-RC2? STABLE?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:51:50 +0100

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 20:59 -0300, Alain Mouette wrote:
> Kieran Mansley escreveu:
> > I've been away for a few days, and was hoping that I'd be able to make a
> > stable release on my return.  However, a few new important bugs have
> > been spotted that I'd like to roll into 1.3.1, which will mean RC3
> > hopefully being released today or tomorrow.  If that goes well, we might
> > get a STABLE release next week.
>
> For the rate bugs are being found and also being fixed :) I may suggest
> that next release be named 1.3.2 ? I looks like LWIP's stability will
> continue to grow before a "next" release may bring great changes...

It is often the case that a lot of bugs are found in release candidates
as people are reluctant to upgrade and test until then.  Ideally we'd do
bugfix releases (1.3.1, 1.3.2 and so on) in parallel with more major
releases (1.3.0, 1.4.0) but we don't have the developer time to do that
well, so I think the current approach although flawed is tolerably good.
I'd rather see more frequent releases though.

Kieran