lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Re: Version 1.3.1-RC3 request/suggestion

From: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] Re: Version 1.3.1-RC3 request/suggestion
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:29:51 +0200

I'd like to see that changed, too. Does anyone have anything against leaving away the LWIP_DEBUGF for MEMP_TCP_PCB, making it a normal, non-severe message? Since "memp_malloc(MEMP_TCP_PCB)" is only used (3 times) from tcp_alloc(), I think it's good enough to solve it this way.

The code would be something like "if(type != MEMP_TCP_PCB) LWIP_DEBUGF(...)".

Simon

Chris Strahm wrote:
I put in the RC3, no problems from RC2.

However I have one request.  I usually run:

#define LWIP_DBG_MIN_LEVEL LWIP_DBG_LEVEL_WARNING

so only things above warnings get dumped to the console.

But I always get a ton of:
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB
CON>memp_malloc: out of memory in pool TCP_PCB

which as I understand it are not really errors.
This is just the pool being recycled.
It is not really a memory fault.
So I don't think this should be at the serious level.

I would sure like to see this changed to a warning
so it does not get endlessly dumped to the console.

Thanks,  Chris.