lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26397] SLIP polling support
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 22:07:21 +0000

I had a look at the new patch and it seems the comments referring to the
sio_-functions used weren't adjusted.

As to the question about sio_recv/sio_read: I think sio_read() was used with
a good reason: when used from the slipif_loop() thread, it *must* block until
there's a character received. If I read the patch correctly, this behaviour
gets broken with the patch?

If that is solved, I guess the patch is OK. Could be as easy a parameter to
slipif_input() whether to block (call sio_read) or not (call sio_recv).

BTW: I just saw that the function prototypes in sio.h are not commented at
all: how do we know the u32_t in sio_read is meant to be 'len'?

OT: Making PPP asynchronous (which is effectively needed when converting it
from a thread to a netif) has been requested before but isn't trivial as much
of the code obviously has been just copied from a BSD (which one was it,
again?) and thus needs major rewriting to be asynchronous, I guess.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26397>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/