lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7506] NAT support for lwIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7506] NAT support for lwIP
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:21:21 +0000

I didn't have the time to look at the nat.c implementation, yet, but wouldn't
be the source- and dest-netif be enough for the struct passed to
ip_nat_init()? That way, we wouldn't need to wait with the call until the
interfaces are initialized. Oh, and _init() is a bad name, too, since in lwIP,
it is used to initialize modules that need initialization (return type void,
no arguments). Given the _remove() function, _add() would be better.

As to TODO 3 in nat.c: I'd use a linked list approach and sort it (recently
used entry to the front) for speed. That would require a new memp pool (one
for the 3 protocols - can be a union struct).

There is some room for code size improvement for the 3 protocols, and I'd
love to get the code *commented* (see the rest of the stack) before checking
it in.

Other than that, I'll try to check it in these days to get a starter on this:
since it is mostly new code, the effect on existing code is minimal.

BTW: Do you agree to put this under the same license as the rest of the
stack? (Your copyright line will be added - see other files for examples).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7506>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/