lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7212] Add Mutex concept in sys_arch

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7212] Add Mutex concept in sys_arch
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 07:52:44 +0000

Now that 1.4.0 is under construction, where would we use mutexes?

All places that currently use sys_sem_new(1) could use mutexes:
- sockets.c: socksem, selectsem
- mem.c: mem_sem
- memp.c?

But I don't know if it's really desirable to include yet another option to
let memp.c use mutexes instead of global int disable...

Anyway, for sockets.c and mem.c I think it's a good idea. Oh, and I'd vote
for the function prototypes of Frédéric's proposal in comment #3 unless we
change the rest of the functions, too, just to keep it consistent. That way,
it's also easy to define it mutexes to binary semaphores if not available (or
as standard for easy upgrading).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7212>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/