lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] DHCP option "Requested IP"

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: [lwip-devel] DHCP option "Requested IP"
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:07:29 +0200

Hey all,

we probably need the DHCP option feature "requested IP address" because choosing our own and dhcp_inform()ing might not be enough for a customer.

So. I planned to implement that feature and send in a patch. But before that I thought it might be a good idea to coordinate that here and ask for opinions on how to do it.

My idea after looking at the code was to make a #define option in opts.h (as always) and then decide in dhcp_discover() to take the current IP of the netif and using that as the DHCP option code 50 "request IP addr" and after that set the netif IP back to 0.

Am I missing something here?
I only just browsed the dchp code for the first time and read about the Option in the RFC (2132).
Hopefully most DHCP servers support this (?)

regards,
Fabian