lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Possibly falsely triggered LWIP_ASSERT?

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Possibly falsely triggered LWIP_ASSERT?
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:56:58 -0400

>The odd bit is that p->next is NULL, so I think the assertion might be
>noticing a real problem.  You have p->len at 46 and p->tot_len at 1064,
>so this suggests a chain of pbufs, and we would naturally expect p->next
>to be the next thing in the chain.  Where exactly is the call being made
>from ip_input?  The other possibility is it's trying to shrink the tail
>of the packet, but I can't think off the top of my head why it would
>want to do that.

ip_input is called from ethernet_input from netif->input from
ethernetif_input from my main program loop.

I'm working on a contrib app with NO_SYS=1, optional DHCP and optional
http_serverraw with an Ethernet port for Altera TSE/NIOS using the supplied
ethernetif.c template.  I've using unmodified lwIP and opts.h (copied to
lwiptopts.h) as unchanged as possible.  For better responsiveness, I changed
TCP_MSS to 1024 - I think 128 is a value needed only for extreme cases
(right?).

I get the assertion when I ping larger than TCP_MSS - because
PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE depends on TCP_MSS.

While I'm here, why is ethernetif_input a static function?  How is the
external program expected to call into lwIP to check for and process
incoming packets?

Is there no download section at http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/LwIP_Wiki?

Thanks,
Bill