lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #26251] RST process in TIME_WAIT TCP state

From: Oleg Tyshev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #26251] RST process in TIME_WAIT TCP state
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:08:29 +0000

RFC 793 - I meant the same page that you mentioned.

Actually window in TIME_WAIT state already fast closed.
Acceptable only FIN retransmits.
Old segments will be ACKed.
I understood RFC that SYN is out of window and
"If the SYN is not in the window this step would not be reached
and an ack would have been sent in the first step (sequence
number check)."

Now I am not sure, what is better ACK, RST or noting.
I'll try to see other implementations of TCP.

Re: global variables comment #10
I don't like current state with global variables too.
Global variables should have some prefix e.g. "g" or
to be joined in one structure otherwise it is difficult to understand scope.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?26251>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/