lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #24830] Socket never closed sometimes.

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #24830] Socket never closed sometimes.
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:36:42 +0000

I think I have accidentally fixed part of the problem here: TCP_EVENT_RECV()
did not call tcp_recved() if pcb->recv was NULL (which it is after closing a
socket), which means the window closes eventually and doesn't reopen.

Another part of the problem (data being buffered in recvmbox but tcp_recved()
isn't called when this data is freed) is covered by the patch for bug #26672
(close connection when receive window = 0).

However, the real flaw here is that we haven't implemented close vs. shutdown
correctly. I agree that, with a complete close, lwIP should send RST when more
data arrives.

However, I regard this bug as a duplicate to bug #26672, which has a better
description of the problem.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24830>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/