lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP 1.3.2?

From: Alain Mouette
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwIP 1.3.2?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:31:30 -0200

I am bringin this from another thread, as this seem to be the correct one...

address@hidden escreveu:
> What's the current timeplan on 1.3.2? As there are only few real bugs
> open (that aren't feature requests), in my opinion we have two choices:
> either
> a) we get 1.3.2 out really fast now (bug #27445 is nearly solved, isn't
> it?) or
> b) we could decide to do a real bug-fix release in which we try to fix
> all known bugs (which could take another month, of course).

I strongly vote for b)

We really need a very goot version that every body will come to relly upon. I have been follwing the many bugfix threads and I am impressed by the depth of the bugs being fixed. This kind of stuff is essencial and will live forever...

> Although I favoured a), I'm now tempted to vote for b), since it could
> really be a while until 1.4.0 will be released, and it looks like that
> one will have rather many new features, which makes it potentially
> unstable again. Therefore, a "superstable" release before 1.4.0 (be it
> 1.3.2 or 1.3.3) would be a good idea.

It's really indifferent for me if it is called 1.3.2 or 1.3.3, that is the only one that matters. I got the feeleing that 1.3.1 is "risky" so I haven't moved (call me chicken...)

I just feel that a super-stable version will be a much better platform to start working on new stuff :)

Alain