lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: [lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 19:55:30 +0100

Hi,

I wrote an http server in my embedded device (using sockets)
and sometimes I have a problem when uploading a big file (new firmware).
The web browser hangs (IE or FF on WinXP).

Looking at the IE capture, I can see:
- my device sends a HTTP 400 Bad Request response (packets 193, 194) (which is
certainly a bug from me)
- closes the connection (packet 196)
- the web browser has not yet finished sending the POST data and tries to
continue
- infinite loop with ZeroWindowProbe / ZeroWindow

In the FF capture:
- I don't see my device response
- infinite loop with RST,ACK from my device and TCP retransmission from the PC

I think the connection should be closed and the browser should display an error
message.
Am I right ?

Can this be related to bug 26672 ?
Or is it the close/shutdown problem ?