lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem

From: Stephane Lesage
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] http post and connection not closed problem
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:17:09 +0100

> I'll try to reproduce my bug and see how lwip behaves with the fix.

Well I met the bug again,
And the situation is now better but not perfect.

Here is a capture with 3 attempts:
http://www.ateis-international.com/downloads/temp/upload%20bug%20IE%203.pcap

1. packets 0-56
same situation as before, but I could not reproduce it.
2. packets 57-932
Here we can see the lwip device acks and announces a full-size window of 8192
bytes
after closing the connection.
3. packets 960+
Lwip acks with 250ms delay and window has not been reset

> From preliminary investigation, it seems that read() returns
> a value <= 0 before the end of the http POST content, so I
> consider the connection closed.
> I added more debug info in the response.
> It may be an lwip bug or misconfiguration (recvmbox size ?)

Now I can see that I abort the download because read() returns 0.

Normally 0 means the connection is closed, right ?
Or should I use another way ?

Anyway, read() should not return 0 as the web browser keeps sending data.

When looking just before my http server sends the error 400 response,
In packet 183, length=1132
http://www.ateis-international.com/downloads/temp/upload%20bug%20IE.pcap

And here before lwip sends RST, in packet 213, length = 892
http://www.ateis-international.com/downloads/temp/upload%20bug%20FF.pcap

I can see that we arrive in the situation where window = 0.
Could it be a bug ?

--
Stéphane LESAGE
ATEIS International