lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6822] Patch places memory pools in separate arrays

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6822] Patch places memory pools in separate arrays
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:41:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #6822 (project lwip):

Ehrm, I think I might not have made it too clear what I wanted to know...
;-)

I know GCC and its attributes (after all, I'm using lwIP on the same platform
as you are - NIOS-II with its GCC). The one thing I didn't understand with
this patch is: how do you actually *change* the section for, say, UDP_PCB? Do
you have to edit memp.c for that? I would have thought of defining something
in lwipopts.h (like "#define MEMP_UDP_PCB_SECTION
__attribute__((section(".onchip_mem")))") and memp.c placing the pool
accordingly by some preprocessor magic... ?

> memp_bases could be local - it's kind of unorthodox to use a
> #include within a function

Yeah, didn't think about the include, it's kind of hidden... Probably not a
good idea, especially when the array is const (and thus may really be put
where the code is).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6822>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/