lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #27783] Silly window avoidance for small window sizes

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #27783] Silly window avoidance for small window sizes
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:04:56 +0000

Sounds reasonable.

Only downside is it makes it a little harder to reason about when people
report problems.  I guess it might also be arguable that with a small window
having lots of ACKs is a good idea.

I think on balance your suggestion is a good idea.  I just find it odd that
we need a special case for this small range of window sizes.

One other thing:
for TCP_WND = 4MSS we get a threshold of MSS.
for TCP_WND = 4MSS - 1 we get a threshold of 2MSS.
That big step seems wrong: why not set it to MSS for WND < 4MSS?
That would make it better at TCP_WND = 2MSS too: you'd have a threshold of
MSS (i.e. less than the TCP_WND) instead of 2MSS (same as the TCP_WND)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27783>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/