lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6901] PPP callback with netif

From: Iordan Neshev
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6901] PPP callback with netif
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:19:27 +0000

Follow-up Comment #10, patch #6901 (project lwip):

I now totally confused about where
is the right place to discuss
everything that I posted yesterday.

> Can someone reopen this bug and schedule it for lwip 1.4?
And this is the source of the trouble. Sorry.

First:
This particular thread started as a note from
Christian how the callback can be used to get the
IP when connection is established. Then I
wrote (and asked for confirmation), that
there are two approaches to use callbacks.

Second:
Meanwhile I noticed that the second method is
not fully implemented and can not be used.
This is something that I already wrote about
in patch #6965: PPP improvements.
Now this discussion is moved to
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?27856
I think this is the proper place.(Thanks, Simon).

Third:
> *line 1388: add a function call
> pc->if_up = 0;
> netif_set_down(&pc->netif); // <-- this line is missing
> netif_remove(&pc->netif);
>This is covered in patch #6965: PPP improvements

I think this is a harmless bug and needs to be
filed as a bug (just like the missing netif_set_xxx_callback).

Fourth:
If we continue this thread, we should discuss only
how the callbacks can be used and how they should
look like. Note that they are defined by the user
if he wants to.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6901>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/