lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #6822] Patch places memory pools in separate arrays

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #6822] Patch places memory pools in separate arrays
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:52:08 +0000

Follow-up Comment #9, patch #6822 (project lwip):

Simon, it doesn't matter I guess.  I thought cc.h is for platform/compiler
specific things, right?  lwipopts.h is getting really big too, but I can see
the advantage to keeping them together.  Or add a comment "Add to cc.h the
compiler dependent statements to move the pool arrays to new sections".

Maybe these section changing lines should be in a macro that is inserted in
memp.c?  But this won't work if the additions are #pragmas.  You could force
an #include file.  If MEMP_SEPARATE_POOLS is defined, the #include file is
inserted which would generate an error if it was not present.

Probably not too many will use this feature, which is why not cluttering
lwipopts.h with it might be a good thing.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6822>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/