lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28064] pbuf_alloc(PBUF_POOL) is not thread-safe

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28064] pbuf_alloc(PBUF_POOL) is not thread-safe
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 16:59:12 +0000

Update of bug #28064 (project lwip):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 5 - Blocker
more => pbuf_alloc(PBUF_POOL) is not thread-safe

Follow-up Comment #2:

Updated summary and status:

This is a blocker: if the pbuf-pool is empty, pbuf_alloc_pool iterates the
tcp_active_pcbs list from every thread. This has been introduced with 1.3.1.

As nice as this feature (reclaiming ooseq pbufs) is, it doesn't work as it
is.

If we still want this, we have to implement it in another way so that the
ooseq-freeing code runs in the tcpip-thread.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28064>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/