lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] new user - Some remarks

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] new user - Some remarks
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 09:56:41 +0100

Bastien Allibert wrote:
I also agree with the ANSI C convention for Lwip. I'm just trying to highlight things which are finally (quite) easy to change (casts) and could ease the task of porting lwip to a new target for anybody, especially new users. As David said, depending on the target architecture, such option can lead to a significant change in code density. That's my point of view.
Personally, I wouldn't mind adding these casts (I'm actually used to add more casts in the rest of my code than in lwIP as I mostly use C++ and C#...). However, the problem I see here is that none of my compilers which I use to test lwIP warns me about these casts left away (these are ANSI C compilers, I guess) and so it might be difficult to always keep the code correct (regarding the casts) after changes.

Simon