lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #7235] Create timeout framework for NO_SYS=1

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #7235] Create timeout framework for NO_SYS=1
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 16:23:40 +0000

Update of task #7235 (project lwip):

        Percent Complete:                     10% => 90%
             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #20:

To get this started (and to get PPP running with NO_SYS==!), I've separated
the timeout implementation from the sem/mbox implementation (timeout code
moved to new file). I didn't change much on the timer semantics though:
- added sys_check_timeouts() to check timeouts with NO_SYS==1 (from the main
loop)
- removed timeout processing from *nearly all* sem/mbox functions except one
explicitly named function that is only used from tcpip_thread: timeouts *must
not* be processed from any other place or we risk reentrancy/threading
problems!

I'll update the 2 example ports as soon as I find the time plus I'll check in
changes to PPP for NO_SYS==1.

I guess work on this task is now nearly done, please comment if you want to
have it solved differently (as I only used the NO_SYS==0 implementation for
NO_SYS==1).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?7235>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/