lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28551] Compiler warning introduced with closed bug #2

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28551] Compiler warning introduced with closed bug #28506
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:24:25 +0000

In this case, the warning was correct as the code as it was before was *not*
what I wanted: (A && (B || C)) is correct, ((A && B) || C) not - only check
the IP address if proto is the same, in this case).

> When warning levels are cranked all the way up for a given
> compiler, are you going to make changes to suppress all of the
> additional warnings?

Not always, but many warnings make sense and may easily be avoided.
Personally, I'm compiling with warnings==errors, but that's for projects with
one compiler, so saying "I'll suppress all warnings for any compiler" is not
what I want.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28551>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/