lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: [lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:39:05 -0500

I have 3 points on lwIP #includes Id like to make and maybe see improvements for:

1)      When I use other 3rd party libraries or code to include in a project, I have rarely had to use anything but one search path in the compiler options to have the compiler find all of the #include files.  With lwIP I find I have to add 3 or 4 search paths to the compiler options.  It sure would be nice to have one, like lwip/src/include and have that be all thats required to find all of the files.

2)      Im doing a new lwIP platform port and I want the low-level hardware driver to be as standalone as possible.  The driver needs only the struct pbuf declaration to be able to send and receive packets.  So I added #include pbuf.h.  But it includes opts.h and err.h.  pbuf.h only needs the type definitions.  It would be nice to include only that file.  Doing this also shows point 1 above I had to add 4 search paths simply to include pbuf.h.

3)      Can the wiki show in what folders users should create and store sys_arch.*, cc.h, and even lwipopts.h?  It would be nice to know there is a consistent layout users can create for lwIP ports.

Bill