lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:20:44 +0000

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 09:01 -0500, Bill Auerbach wrote:

> This is correct.  IMO, no #includes should include anything other than
> a name.

Can you explain why?

> >> Can you give examples of what the four search paths you needed
> were?
> >> opt.h and err.h should both be in the same location as pbuf.h>At
> least for the current CVS code, the directories containing pbuf.h and
> >cc.h should be enough, I think, since neither netif- nor ipv4-headers
> >are included by pbuf.h.
>
> Lwip/src
> Lwip/src/include
> Lwip/src/include/ipv4
> And my arch folder

I'd be in favour of just having lwip/src/include and your port's folder
as the search path, and then all includes in the source being of the
form:

#include "lwip/pbuf.h"
#include "arch/foo.h"

and so on.  But this goes against what you say at the top, so I'm
curious why you don't like that.

Kieran