lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [patch #7085] Restart system timeout handling

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Re: [patch #7085] Restart system timeout handling
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:53:30 +0100

Bill Auerbach wrote:
How would you like to implement support for this in the NO_SYS==0 case?
Does this even make sense? The sys_check_timeouts() is also not
available for NO_SYS==0, which is obvious. The sys_restart_timeouts() is
an extension to the sys_check_timeouts(). We could also add an argument
to the sys_check_timeouts() function for this case, but I doubt that
this will be more practical.
It makes sense if the system has a low-power/standby mode which is exited by an
interrupt.  The OS would wake up, restore to normal executing mode, resume its
threads and do this timer reset before returning from wakeup.
I just noticed after reading Simon's mail that NO_SYS==0 doesn't need this function since timeouts are implemented by timeout-blocking on an mbox. If the OS is suspended, sys_arch_mbox_fetch() will return and that's it, I think.

Simon