lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Cleaner include handling / using pbuf standalone
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:42:47 -0500

>> This is correct.  IMO, no #includes should[n't] include anything other
than
>> a name.
>
>Can you explain why?

I can't. :)  I guess when I've had problems is more with full paths or
"parent relative" names.  Lwip/ and arch/ are fine.

If the use is consistent and allows only on search path, I'm all for it.

>I'd be in favour of just having lwip/src/include and your port's folder
>as the search path, and then all includes in the source being of the
>form:
>
>#include "lwip/pbuf.h"
>#include "arch/foo.h"

Me too.

>and so on.  But this goes against what you say at the top, so I'm
>curious why you don't like that.

I'll check why one #include for each didn't work.  I agree it should.  Oh, I
rememeber why I needed the 4th include - for lwipopts.h.  I didn't want it
in lwip/src/include because it's a porting file.  And it doesn't belong in
the Ethernet driver structure (the Ethernet driver doesn't require it).

Should lwipopts.h be placed in arch?  lwIP code expects it in
lwip/src/include.  Should it?

Bill