lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] ARM7 data abort exception - hacky solution

From: John Martindale
Subject: [lwip-devel] ARM7 data abort exception - hacky solution
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:07:15 -0000

<Humble pie>

Hi all,

My data abort reared its ugly head again during development, so I took the time to track it down properly. First off we changed to using the yagarto tool chain, as it uses the latest bin-utils which don’t have trouble with thumb interworking (a fun couple of days with the same code compiled with the same compiler on different machines giving different builds!). Then I hooked up a JTAG and found that a stack was being overrun but leaving it’s watermark intact so getting past the stack checking algorithm. After that was fixed, things started working properly again.

So, apologies for my last post. As Mike pointed out, I just moved the code around a bit in the memory map and hid the problem for a little while – lwip itself seems to working fine ;-)

John

</Humble pie>

Practical Control Ltd

448 Brightside Lane