lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28652] sockets/netconn: speed up rx by calling do_rec

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28652] sockets/netconn: speed up rx by calling do_recv asynchronously
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:48:48 +0000

Hmm, that's true for some connections, however, if you know (like for my
protocol) that it doesn't hurt, then the current implementation involves
thread changes we wouldn't need.

For example, I know that a request received will lead to a response being
sent and that there will be no additional data received in between.

Also, I noticed in some traces that wireshark marks "window update" packets
red, so it seems to me like packets simply containing window updates should
somehow be prevented??

Any other idea how to solve this performance problem? Many times there's not
even a packet sent out (due to our new window-update algorithm) but still the
thread change is done.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28652>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/