lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] byte order, packing, optimizations

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] byte order, packing, optimizations
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:43:01 +0100

Bill Auerbach wrote:
> Does this mean you do not want tasks and patches submitted for performance
> enhancements?  From the posts on lwip-users, performance may be more
> important for some users than you are willing to agree with or admit to.
> The
> point is, if those of us who are trying to improve performance are wasting
> our time contributing and making suggestions it would be really good to
> know
> that.

He certainly didn't mean that (or I hope that, at least :). It's just that
performance-enhancement patches need to be tested like any other patches to
make sure they are really OK and don't make it worse for someone else.

And to achieve that, I think it's to keep performance-enhancing code hidden
away in defines as long as that's possible. For example, I like the idea of
task #10173 (https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10173).

Simon
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser