lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #28968] some request & DNS bug

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #28968] some request & DNS bug
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 19:10:08 +0000

> 1: sockets.c <line 129> should be ETIMEDOUT
> posix standard explained that EWOULDBLOCK is for the O_NONBLOCK > flag
"time out", ETIMEOUT is the real time out.
> you can see it in
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/recv.html

I just checked that under win32 and linux, and it seems we are not the only
ones having problems with that spec being not too clear here:
- windows returns ETIMEDOUT
- linux returns EAGAIN

Since windows doesn't really follow that spec, anyway (see SOCKET vs. int),
I'd rather do it like linux (which is also what I read from the spec) -
however, I don't know about other unixes.

BTW: It's not ETIMEOUT but ETIMEDOUT (note the missing 'D'), I think that
makes a slight difference in the meaning of the constant, too.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28968>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/