lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #10241] AutoIP: don't break existing connections when

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #10241] AutoIP: don't break existing connections when assiging routable address
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:14:24 +0000

> Since we support LLA (compliant or not)

Now, are we compliant or not? I hope we are (aside from this task - I've just
fixed some tiny issues I noticed while reading RFC3927), but if you find
anything that's not RFC-compliant, please don't hesitate to discuss it here or
on lwip-devel!

> don't we now fall under RFC3927's DHCP provisions when LLA is
> enabled?

Well, RFC3927 explicitly states that there is no such thing. Excerpt from
RFC3927 ch. 2.11:
"A device that implements both IPv4 Link-Local and a DHCPv4 client
should not alter the behavior of the DHCPv4 client to accommodate
IPv4 Link-Local configuration."

However, if there were, we would have to follow it, no matter if LLA is
enabled or not.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?10241>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/