lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:09:00 +0000

Update of task #6849 (project lwip):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 40%

Follow-up Comment #14:

I finally found the time to work on this. For now, I've added the code as an
option (LWIP_CHECKSUM_ON_COPY):
- tcp_seg has 2 more members (u16_t chksum and u8_t chksum_swapped),
- checksum is calculated when creating segments in tcp_write
(checksum-on-copy when copying data, checksum only for nocopy),
- for nocopy, this still has the advantage that the data might still be in
caches

This only covers the TX side and cannot take checksums from the application,
yet. I plan to add 2 more funcitons:
- tcp_write_chksum that takes mss-sized data with precalculated checksum
- udp_send_chksum that takes the data checksum (over all pbufs in the chain)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/