lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:18:55 +0000

I didn't argue at any time that it wouldn't work with the checksum in the
pbuf, but I also think that the checksum logically belongs to the segment.

Storing it at the buffer is only necessary when you want to pass the two
around as one. This is what you want to do for rx, I think, but personally, I
prefer the other way: If you already have the checksum at driver level, it's
faster to quickly check whether the checksum is correct and disable checksum
checking in the stack then passing the checksum around and later detecting
that it is invalid.

We discussed that in patch #6253, too.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah