lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #6849] Test how checksum on copy could be integrated into the stack
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 05:58:30 +0000

The problem I saw so far (and which hasn't been solve in patch #6253) is that
it's not clear to me how one 'u16_t chksum' could be enough: at the point of
allocating, the checksum would be over the data (payload + len), but what part
of the pbuf would be covered by the checksum after changing the payload
pointer using pbuf_header()? We would then either need another u16_t
'chksum_offset' (which would have to be adapted in pbuf_header), or the
inet_checksum_* functions would have to know the offset by knowing the
protocol type and its length (which is hard for TCP options).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6849>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/