lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #7135] Significant etharp optimization for TX speed

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #7135] Significant etharp optimization for TX speed improvement
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 14:17:32 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, patch #7135 (project lwip):

That might not be a common case, but it's still valid. Suppose an
administrator exchanged network interfaces for a PC. If our ARP table wouldn't
be updated when we see a corresponding packet, we would never be able to reach
that PC unless the open connections are dropped (which can be a long time for
TCP).

The current implementation has the downside that (if ETHARP_TRUS_IP==0) the
timer is not reset when receiving packets (which, at the ARP layer, would be
the only detection of having an open connection), so an ARP entry will
*always* time out after the max-time (which is quite long though).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7135>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/